Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Pretties

I know it's been a while since I posted last, but I have lots of good reasons! Here's a few :)
100_0933
Also, none of them are quite done yet. And, my new camera really doesn't do the little horses too well. All of the white markings are WHITE, not icky yellow. Enjoy!

100_0920
100_0921 100_0922 100_0931

I have this guy's name stored somewhere in my e-mails, but I found this guy at Breyerfest HIN room sales. I just love him, and picked his pattern based on a little wild pony in a picture I have. He has etched hairs in his mane, to give a mixed mane appearance. Please note- his hooves aren't finished, and the end of his tail isn't glazed. :)

100_0926 100_0928

This little one is one of my experiments. This is "Bressay" I think is how she's spelled. I bought her last year at the room sales, with a broken leg, and never did anything with her. I have since repaired her leg- while it's sound, it's not as smooth as I'd like it to be. She's also still in the works, I need to finish up the black and glaze her face, but isn't she cool?

100_0929 100_0930
Now this one...I don't want to brag, but I was so stinkin' tickled when I pulled her out of the kiln! She needs a few more things glazed, but for all intensive purposes, here she is. I just love her. I am thinking maybe sending her to NAN next year if she does well this show season.

100_0923
100_0924 100_0925

Wouldn't he have been neat if he'd turned out!! This is a Hagen Renaker Arab Stallion. He started out white, and in my need to tinker, I glazed him bay with two hind socks. Now, a neat thing happened, tho I'm not 100% sure why. What I glazed him with had reactions every time it went in the kiln. I was thinking about giving him some kind of name with electric or lightning or something in it. Going to use him as a decorator piece, he's really pretty, just...ya know, not really realistic :) I think I'll cold paint his base, I've tried glazing it a few different times and it just hasn't worked out lol.

Hope you liked them! What's next? I have two real nice horses coming over from Animal Artistry in England, an Arab and a Shetland Pony. Who-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment